$10 SPECIAL - Dual Registration
This SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER Registration is for Mini Jerseys previously registered with other registries.
Once the age of 3 is reached the certificate can be upgraded for FREE to Gold, Silver or Bronze with a Height Form certifying a height at or below 45".
Starting 1/1/2020, calves are expected to be registered by 90 days old (120 for Lifetime Members) and Parental Verification to sire and dam is required.
This Registration requires:
- A copy of ALL Registration Certificates from other Registries
- Breed Based Representation (BBR) of 85 or better
- Proof of Negative Bulldog Dwarfism/Chondro testing - Either testing for the animal being registered or from both parents, https://vgl.ucdavis.edu/test/zebu-bulldog-dwarfism
- Parental Verification to sire and dam - https://vgl.ucdavis.edu/test/parentage-genetic-marker-report-cattle
- Height and age it was taken to the top of the hip - Height must be, or expected to be, 45" or below, approximately 24" or less at birth. https://www.purebredminijersey.com/measuring.html
- Full body color pictures of the left and right sides
These must be provided before a Registration Certificate will be mailed.
Results may be emailed to Admin@PurebredMiniJersys.com.
To obtain a BBR on bulls it's necessary to get them from his daughter's and her dam to ascertain his influence. The other option is to test him, however, the CDCB fees for an AI sire are higher. So, a BBR from a cow and her daughter can tell us the influence of the sire and assumed BBR for under $100.
An optional test for a bull is the Igenity BASIC test from NeoGen. This test is $25 and done with blood or hair sample.
Gold qualified bulls are registered for FREE with PMJS when all requirements are met.
Black Registrations expire 90 days after the third birthday. The Black Registration will be returned to PMJS at 3 years old with the Height Form. A Gold, Silver, or Bronze Registration will be returned if the adult height is certified to be 45" or less.
A true Purebred Mini Jersey is 42", BBR94+ and receives a Gold Registration. A Silver Mini Jersey is expected to produce Gold calves when bred to Gold Registered Mini Jerseys. Silver is for BBR90-93 and at or below 44". A Silver is expected to be one generation away from the Gold. A Bronze is within two generations of a Gold. When bred to a Gold, the offspring is expected to be Silver. A Bronze must be at lease BBR85. The height may be up to 45". These are the expectations but results are not guaranteed.
Purebred Mini Jersey Society may require BD2 or Miniature Zebu Dwarfism testing at our discretion.